What Constitutes an Eye Emergency?
Even a seemingly minor injury or issue could compromise your vision. If you have sustained an eye injury, you should seek medical attention.
Common symptoms of eye emergencies include:
- Eye pain
- Sudden vision loss
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Swelling in or around your eye
- Chemical contact or burns
- Corneal abrasion (a scratch on the surface of your eye)
- Significant eye discharge or redness
- A foreign object stuck in your eye
- A sudden increase in floaters, particularly if it is accompanied by flashes of light.